BIR TO LAUNCH ONLINE REGISTRATION AND UPDATE SYSTEM (ORUS); TAXPAYERS ARE ADVISED TO UPDATE RECORDS USING REGISTRATION UPDATE SHEET (RUS); OFFICIAL EMAIL ADDRESSES SHOULD BE PROVIDED, WHERE THE BIR SHALL SERVE ITS ORDERS, NOTICES, LETTER, AND OTHER PROCESS/COMMUNICATIONS. RMC No. 122-2022
- The BIR prescribes the guidelines in updating the registration information record of taxpayers who will enroll in the Bureau’s Online Registration and Update System (ORUS).
- The BIR will launch ORUS allowing taxpayers to register, update and transact registration-related transactions online
- Purpose of Circular: to advise taxpayers to update their registration records to enroll in ORUS
- Taxpayers shall update their registration records, such as e-mail address, contact information using the S1905 – Registration Update Sheet (RUS)
- Email address should be official email address
- Email address shall be used in serving BIR orders, notices, letters, and other processes/communications to the taxpayers
- For taxpayers with head office – head office registration shall be updated first before updating the branches
- Employers to inform employees regarding this requirement
- Submission of RUS – via email to the BIR (list may be accessed HERE.
BIR CLARIFIES REMOVAL OF 5-YEAR VALIDITY PERIOD ON RECEIPTS/INVOICES; RECEIPTS/INVOICES EXPIRING BEFORE JULY 15, 2022 ARE NO LONGER VALID AND SHOULD BE RETURNED FOR DESTRUCTION TO THE BIR; P20,000 (FIRST OFFENSE) AND P50,000 (SECOND OFFENSE) FOR USE OF EXPIRED RECEIPTS OR INVOICES RMC No. 123-2022
- The BIR clarifies the provisions of Revenue Regulations No. 6-2022 relative to the removal of the five (5) – year validity period on receipts/invoices
|Effectivity date||July 15, 2022|
before July 15, 2022
|Consequence of use of expired receipts prior to effectivity date||Penalties:
|Effect on applications CRM/POS/CAS etc.||
- The bonus payments granted by the company to its employees are considered compensation income and are not exempt from withholding tax.
- The employer must withhold from compensation paid on computed amount
- The company should deduct and withhold the proper tax at the time the income payment is paid (BIR Ruling No: OT-133-2022)
- Sale of house and lot under economic and low-cost housing project of a company duly registered with the Board of Investments under Executive Order (EO) No. 226 is exempt from income tax and creditable withholding tax on its income received directly in connection with the mentioned project. In addition to that, sale of house and lot and other residential dwellings with selling price of not more than Php 3,199,200 is VAT exempted. (BIR Ruling No: Certificate of Tax Exemption No: BOI-LEH-135-2022)
- Sale of house and lot duly registered with the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB) is exempt from income tax and creditable withholding tax on its income received directly in connection with the mentioned project. Moreover, sale of house and lot and other residential dwellings with selling price of not more than Php 3,199,200 is VAT exempted. (BIR Ruling No: Certificate of Tax Exemption No: PSH-136-2022, PSH-137-2022, PSH-138-2022, PSH-139-2022, PSH-140-2022, PSH-141-2022, PSH-142-2022, PSH-143-2022)
- The purchases of goods/articles under the construction/development of NHA’s Socialized Housing Program is exempt from project-related income tax, creditable withholding tax and value-added tax on its income received directly in connection with the mentioned project. However, the purchases of goods/articles of the said company shall be subject to VAT, even if the said purchases are to be used for social housing projects and must issue VAT exempt official receipts on its gross receipts from the said socialized housing project. (BIR Ruling Nos: Certificate of Tax Exemption No: NSH-144-2022, NSH-145-2022, NSH-146-2022, NSH-147-2022)